CPC interns past and present
these folks stoke the CPC engine and make it run oh so smoothly!
Member and Studio Resident at the CPC
Membership at Chicago Printmakers Collaborative
Experienced printmakers may use the facilities at the Chicago Printmakers Collaborative by paying monthly access fees of $200 per calendar month. A discount of $150/month is available for recent college graduates of an accredited printmaking program, for up to one year after graduation. Printmakers only pay for the months in which they work, and a key is provided for 24-hour access to the workshop. An interview and portfolio review is required of all workshop members, and a contract is then signed to insure the safety and commitment of both the member and the CPC.
The CPC provides its members:
- press time and facilities in the medium(s) agreed upon in its contract with its members.
- support equipment such as ventilated acid hood and solvent room, vertical etching tank (for both copper and zinc), etching blankets (felts), plate cutter, hotplate, aquatint box and rosin room, tarletons, screen washout area w/ power washer (for water-based ink), darkroom and exposure units, screen storage, squeegies, scoop-coaters, aluminum plate backer (for litho), an array of over 60 litho stones, graining sink and levegator, tympans, scraper bars, light tables, drying racks, paper soaking trays, files, clamps, ink spatulas, straight-edge, paper-cutter, and other tools.
- materials such as solvents, paper towels, cleaning supplies (simple green, vegetable oil, etc.), ink modifiers, varnishes, and driers, hard and soft grounds, nitric acid, ferric chloride, and phosphoric acid, lithography chemistry (gum arabic, lithotine, tapum, etc.), some inks (limited), rosin, talc, carborundem grits, etc.
- a safe, clean, professional working environment.
- opportunities for networking, exhibition, and participation in all CPC projects including: group portfolios and exchanges (suites), the annual International Small Print Exhibition (in the Workshop Print Gallery in December), invitational shows, and other events.
- discounts on CPC merchandise
- calendar sign-up for press time
- flat storage space and space to store one crate or box of supplies
Members provide their own personal supplies, including: plates, paper, tools, newsprint, inks, respirator, gloves, blotters, drawing supplies, snacks (we have a small refrigerator and microwave), tape, screens, and specialized materials. Members with a great attitude, the ability to work cooperatively in a shared workshop setting, and a particularly enthusiastic willingness to clean up after themselves are always happy at CPC.
All prospective members will be given a full tour of the CPC workshop, and new members will be offered a review of all press procedures (where applicable).
To inquire about becoming a member at CPC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org